The answer to the question why Big Data technology is one can analyze who did what, when and where, in timely from the massive volume of structured and unstructured data from different sources in different formats to make effective enterprise decision.
The source includes those already stored in internal structured databases, from external third-party sources, the Internet, social media and remote sensors, etc.
Also, includes Real-Time monitoring or forecasting of events that impact business performance or operation to find, acquire, extract, manipulate, analyze, connect and visualize data with the big data tools of choices ex. Hadoop to Identifying relevant information that can improve decision quality and mitigating risk by optimising the complex decisions of unplanned events more quickly.
Big Data addresses speed and scalability, mobility and security, flexibility and stability of both structured and unstructured.
Because of a variety of data keeps getting bigger every fraction of seconds as transactions, electronic records, images, audio and video flow in millions, exhausted the gigabytes in terabytes grow into petabytes, which increase into exabytes to zettabytes and, beyond yottabytes. A yottabyte is a mind-boggling 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes.)
Big data in analytics
To summarize why Big Data is …
- Understand what, where, when and why your customers buy
- Protect your client base with improved loyalty programs
- Seize cross-selling and upselling opportunities
- Provide targeted promotional information to your prospects and existing clients
- Optimize Workforce planning and operations
- Improve inefficiencies in your supply chain
- Predict market trends and future needs
- Become more innovative and competitive
- Discover new sources of revenue
- Forecast demand and utilization
- Identify improvement to be made in infrastructure and service delivery
- Provide more visibility to customers