Your computer is slower-then-usual? You are maybe infected by a virus, malware, spyware or other nefarious entity! Let’s see how to check and solve it step-by-step:
I) Safe Mode
- Disconnect your computer from the internet until your computer is clean.
- Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
- If your PC runs faster in Safe Mode, you maybe have a malware
II) Erase the temporary files
- Do a Disk cleanup from Microsoft, it will delete your temporary files to speed up the virus scanning.
III) Use Malware Scanners
There are 2 types of antivirus programs:
– The real-time antivirus (like Avast, Norton generally installed on your computer when you received it). Recommended: to have only one on your computer.
– The scanners (you can use as much as you want). You can use one of this list: BitDefender Free Edition, Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, Malwarebytes, Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool, Avast, and SuperAntiSpyware.
- Use your scanner.
- After, you can use your real-time antivirus.
IV) Scan with Malwarebytes
- Go to the website and download it. Then you can install it. You better stay without the internet connection, so try to download it and put it on a key. If you have an update to do, don’t forget to do it in normal time to continue to protect your computer.
- Make a “threat scan” the recommended one.
- If he finds an infection, click-on “remove selected”.
- Restart your computer. If you still have a problem, make a full scan with Malwarebytes.
Let’s be careful! 🙂